Self-involved, but with a great taste in music

Friday, May 21, 2010

This day

When someone does something to benefit you, never forget it. When you do something kind for someone else, never think of it again.

Not many quotes or "words to live by" have had a profound impact on my life, but this is an exception.




This article made me smile (what's there NOT to love about ninjas?):
Three muggers in Australia got the fright of their lives when their attack was interrupted by five black-clad ninja warriors.

The thieves were assaulting a German medical exchange student in Sydney, but the alleyway where they struck was next to a school for ninja warriors.







And this video made me choke on my water...














Today is one of those days. You know what I'm talking about. Running late in the morning. D-bags on the road. Late to the office. A few minor disasters at work. It's one of those days that I shouldn't contact one of those people that I have a combustible dynamic with because it's sure to end in utter disaster.

However, I'm the type that likes to tempt fate. When I feel deja vu I'm a bit more likely to do the opposite as I am to let things play out how I remember... I like to be in control and change the way things are going.

So I think I can make a decision to change the momentum of the day, which means I can definitely think of a few calls I can make today to people of which I have a flammable relationship with and see if today truly is a day where everything that can go wrong will go wrong.


I'll follow-up with this tomorrow after I realize that this was an utterly awful idea and how I'm a very, very stupid man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment