Self-involved, but with a great taste in music

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yet another list...

One of my best friends had a happy hour birthday thing up in ... North Phoenix...? That's how far it is, I'm not sure what the area is called. I-17 and Deer Valley. Anyhow, happy hour turned into reverse happy hour and I didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store and pick up my week's supply... so I had time only for the necessities.

I ran into Safeway at 11:52 and ran out with 3 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The lady at the register smiled and commented how sweet it was that I rushed for my kid's cereal. She asked how old. I said 29. She was confused. I have a box right next to me at work and it's delightful.

My favorite kid cereals:

10.







Oh's
This is just about as nutrious as we're going to get here.






9.







Waffle Crisp
I don't remember this having too long of a shelf life. ... or my mother just hid these boxes from me in the aisle.







8.






Trix
Was never as good as I wanted it to be, but still money. I actually eat the yogurt still.








7.





Cookie Crisp
Oh. My. God.

I LOVED this. I was a total cereal toy whore, had all these characters...






6.





Lucky Charms
(that's a bottle of Jameson he's holding...)






5.








Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
My sister's favorite, so we had this in stock quite a bit.






4.









Captain Crunch: Peanut Butter
One of the rare foods that tastes better with each bite. Cheese Nips are like this as well...








3.










Captain Crunch: Crunch Berries
I'd save all the berries till the very end and then devour them in the sugary milk.







2.










Golden Grahams
Tough call between this and Berries, but this wins on the longevity front. This was still in the rotation through college.













1.







Cinnamon Toast Crunch













Quick notes:

Fruity Pebbles - You lie. You were supposed to be delicious. You were terrible.

Frankenberry - The one that got away






I never got to taste you,
but in my mind you are
perfection.







And to answer your question, no, I somehow do not have diabetes.

4 comments:

Cole Franke said...

I LOVE cereal too. Ever since I had babies and my belly stretched beyond belief I've had to switch to the (sigh) healthy cereals that I was tortured with as a child. But occasionally I will splurge with a few good ones. My favorites- Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. :) Micah's a lucky charms kid.

Kristin said...

cinn. rice crispys take the cake. but they didn't make them for very long.

you also forgot FROST and FLAKES! and FRUIT LOOPS. whats wrong with you lol

Cole Franke said...

My kids refuse to eat fruit loops. Seriously Sky won't touch em. You get tired of them too fast.

Bu said...

I narrowed it down to Fruit Loops and Trix. I couldn't remember which I liked more. Then I looked at the box and Tucan Sam is a freaking loser.

http://www.wetzelbrothers.com/albums/Standees/Toucan.sized.jpg

:)

Post a Comment