Self-involved, but with a great taste in music

Monday, June 7, 2010

Sleep, Perchance to Dream


I feel the signs. The sore throat. The throbbing head. The slight fever.

But, then again, I don't get sick. I usually touch the brink of getting sick a couple times a year, but I don't usually get sick sick but once every couple of years.


So last night after the semi-entertaining, fully-appauling MTV Movie Awards I got myself ready to sleep and slinked into bed. I nodded off pretty quickly.

Sometime during the night I woke myself up and took stock of my surroundings. I was totally encapsulated by my t-shirt bed sheets. My pillow and body positioning was in optimal form. The melodic hum of the fan softly occupied the empty space and the gentle breeze was going to usher me to sleep again.

It was the most comfortable moment I've had in some time. I smiled... maybe even sighed a bit... and dozed off.


Sore throat + alarm at 7am was pretty much the opposite of that, but it was a nice moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment